“Can I work from home in a garden office?” Working From Home Covid-19 has meant that many of us have had to alter how we
Wimbledon Residential Architects
AURA are a London Architecture Firm, with a wealth of experience in the Wimbledon area, having managed several residential architecture projects in Wimbledon recently.
To get a feel for the level of expertise our architects and home designers have to offer, please browse our residential architecture projects or our property developer projects. Or view our independent 3rd party reviews on Google or Houzz.
In 2019, we were voted as the “Most Trusted Residential Architecture Firm, Greater London” by Build Magazine.
Also in 2019, our Wimbledon project on Cromwell Road was voted “Best South West London Small Scale Extension & Home Transformation Project”.
Residential Architecture Projects In Wimbledon
Our Vision is to:
- Maximise your space, and ensure it’s tailored to your needs
- Increase the amount of natural light, to improve your sense of wellbeing in your home
- Create clean, simple designs, with splashes of colour and texture
- Think sustainably, creating energy-efficient buildings
Our 5 Core Values:
- Honesty and integrity
- Attention to detail
- Creativity and Innovation
- Understanding and respecting people
Architect Fees in Wimbledon:
Unlike many architecture firms in Wimbledon, our fee structure is transparent.
We charge a fixed fee for our services. If you ask us to provide the full range of services set out in our design guide, you can expect the cost to be around 8-12% of your total costs for the build.
Typical architects charge between 11-15% of the construction value. This incentivises other Wimbledon architects to inflate costs, instead of designing a home in line with your priorities and budget.
More comprehensive details on our fees are available here.
A Comprehensive Package for Wimbledon
Our clients are typically time-poor, needing more space for growing families, and simply want someone to handle the whole project in an efficient and expert manner.
We remove the stress from the home improvement process, with a full range of architect services.
After the design stage, our site monitoring and post-completion checks take care of every detail for you.
We work with Merton Borough Council on your behalf to get planning permission, including drawing up plans and submitting them.
We have experience with house extensions, loft conversions, basement conversions, home refurbishments, new-build developments, in many areas of Wimbledon – ask our architects for advice on the best options to improve your home.
Wimbledon Residential Planning
Wimbledon lies within the Merton Borough Council planning area. While planners here can be very restrictive at times, it is generally easier to get planning in Wimbledon than some nearby areas like Richmond. Ease of obtaining planning permission for your extension can vary widely within small areas of Wimbledon, however, and the West Wimbledon Conservation Area is particularly challenging.
AURA Architecture have developed an in-depth local knowledge of planning in Wimbledon and will work on your behalf to obtain the planning you need, as well as carefully designing your home refurbishment to preempt potential issues before they arise. AURA’s Wimbledon architect specialists will prepare the planning application drawings, liaise with Merton Borough Council on your behalf, and generally save you hours and remove the hassle and frustration from the process.
Our Planning Services include:
Our 10-step Home Design Process
- 1- START – Your journey begins by creating a design brief online using our online enquiry form
- 2 – RESEARCH – The next stage sees us carry out a desktop study of your home in order to understand planning permission restrictions and Merton Council planning policies for your specific area of Wimbledon.
- 3 – CONSULTATION – Once we have done this, we meet you for a consultation at your home in Wimbledon, where we discuss your needs and provide you with a written quote.
- 4 – CONCEPTS – If you accept the quote, our architects produce three concept designs including, floor plans, sketches, and potentially a 3D virtual tour, to help you to visualise the designs.
- 5 – PLANNING – After this, the next step is to submit the planning application to Merton Council (where necessary). We can act as agents on your behalf, ensuring everything is submitted and processed on time.
- 6 – BUILDING CONTROL – We can also produce all relevant drawings required for Building Regulations and make these available so that our plans can be checked an approved for compliance.
- 7 – DETAILED DESIGN – Amongst the additional services we provide, we produce a Specification of Works
- We use our established relationships with Party Wall Surveyors, Structural Engineers, and Mechanical and Electrical Engineers to ensure you are getting competitive quotes and reliable service.
- 8 – TENDER – We manage the tender process and ensure contracts for all work is comprehensive and transparent, showing what’s covered, when it will be completed, and how much you can expect to pay.
- 9 – SITE MONITORING – Finally, we can monitor the completion of the work for you, with regular site visits and reports as well as resolving any issues or potential problems to ensure the work is on target and as specified.
At the end of this, the final stage is for you to ENJOY the space we’ve helped you create!
Download our free 10-Step Home Design Guide here
Our Online Reviews
Extending or refurbishing your home… ….Is often the most expensive and stressful thing you will ever do! That’s why you need a commercial architectural